Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby



How in the world are you 3 years old already?? We woke up together snuggling on the morning of your birthday and I sat there wondering how long you were going to be into that. I told you "Happy Birthday baby" and you smiled and said "Happy Birthday Mommy."

Your birthday party was great this year! You were such a good boy and so excited about every present that you opened. At one point you opened a gift and yelled "Oh my God, I wanted this" I think it was bubbles :)

I feel like you woke up the next morning and were all of a sudden a big boy. I feel like it was yesterday when I found out that I was pregnant with you. I remember finding out you were a baby boy and being so happy that I was getting a mama's boy, and that's exactly what you are. I remember being so scared that you came a few weeks early, but you were such a trooper and was only in the NICU for a day.

I think about your 1st birthday and then 2nd and now 3rd and it's all a little bittersweet.

You keep asking daddy if he will take us back to Disney World for Christmas and I think you are wearing him down:) You remember everything, it's crazy. You still remember a birthday party that you went to last summer! You remember everything about it! You remember every detail about Disney and remind me everyday that it rained the whole time:)

We only have 2 more months until you are in preschool and that is just crazy to me. I know you will be fine though. You have blossomed into such a beautiful little boy and I am so proud of you. I love you baby!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday!