Friday, September 11, 2009

First Day Of Preschool





Jacob had his first day of preschool on Tuesday. It was a smooth transition and he didn't even care that I was leaving. I was fine since I was still at the school since the parents had to attend a parents meeting. Thursday when I took him and dropped him off he just said "Bye mom, love you" and that was it. I was fine until I got in the car and Logan tapped on Jacob's car seat and said "Jake?" I cried like a little baby.

But then I picked him up 2.5 hours later and he was fine! He talks about how much fun he has and how he wishes he could go everyday. It seems like just yesterday he was a little baby and now he's such a big boy. There is this song that my mom and my aunt talk about the all the time and I swear it brings me to tears every time I hear it.

"Don't blink
Just like that you're six years old and you take a nap and you
Wake up and you're twenty-five and your high school sweetheart becomes your wife
Don't blink
You just might miss your babies growing like mine did
Turning into moms and dads next thing you know your "better half"
Of fifty years is there in bed
And you're praying God takes you instead
Trust me friend a hundred years goes faster than you think
So don't blink"

1 comment:

Scribbles and Splatters said...

I love that song. I cry EVERYTIME I hear it! Enjoy your alone time with just Logan before baby #3 comes :)