Friday, September 18, 2009

More on preschool

Well since Jacob has been there for 2 weeks I figured I'd do a follow up on preschool. I drop him off every morning and Logan goes right for the fish tank. I usually help Jacob put his bag in his cubby and then sit him down at his desk for his morning activity. Then I have Logan say "bye bye" to the fish (which is the only way I can get him to leave) and he gives Jacob a hug and a kiss and we leave. Jacob never even looks back :) Once we get in the car, Logan pats on Jacob's seat and says "Jake" while being very confused as to why Jacob isn't with us. When we pick Jake up, Logan goes right to the fish tank again and I help Jacob gather up his papers and his bag. On Tuesday I asked the teacher how Jacob was doing and she said "He's doing great, but he gets a little distracted from time to time." I said to her "Uh, he's a boy and he's 3." Well then I saw their class photo on their website and this is what I saw:
Notice Jacob in the background in the green stripes...completely oblivious to what is going on :) Ok ok so maybe he does get a bit distracted :)

On Thursday I went to get him and his teacher told me that he had a little accident. He asked to go to the bathroom and the teacher waited outside. Well Jacob hasn't really mastered buttons yet, and mommy decided to put him in his cute little Gap Jeans without teaching him out to unbutton them himself. Poor guy came out with went pants because he couldn't do it. So I gave his teacher permission to help him until we learn. Bad bad mommy :)

He never tells us about his day until hours later, usually at the dinner table. He told us what kind of snack he had and then proceeded to tell us his teachers names! I was so proud of him for knowing them already!

Then I asked him what he learned and he told me that the letter M made the "mmmmm" sound and that he learned that Jesus made the peoples :)

So far so good in the land of preschool :)

1 comment:

Our Own Special Way said...

Very cute. Sorry to hear about his accident. I love the Cherokee jeans/pants at Target, they are elastic, no buttons.